Friday, February 13, 2015

Create change...

We tried to walk in early for our immigration fingerprinting earlier this week.... but apparently, Idaho stopped allowing early walk-ins for this. Womp-womp. We were bummed, but we have our fingerprinting appointment on Tuesday. So, we won't be ahead of schedule like we were hoping, but I am trying to remember, we are exactly on the schedule that God has already decided on. As much as I think I want control of this process, I don't have control. And realistically, I am human and would probably mess something up--so I will choose to be thankful that I don't have to be in control and have everything figured out.

We are still gearing up for the great Adoption Auction fundraiser! My sister-in-law is super creative, and had the great idea to make some necklaces to sell at our auction and online. Here is a little sampling of what we have been working on.
These necklaces! They come in several sizes, I am wearing the larger size in this picture. It is a map of China with a heart over Z's province.


 These are a few of our other creations. There are maps of Idaho, Montana, some vintage prints and a few other options. I think they are adorable! There are some up in the etsy shop my sister-in-law has started and the rest will be at our auction. So exciting!!






In other news, the weather has been beautiful! The kiddos and I took a little bike ride to the park and had such a fun time. It is so amazing to think that soon there will be one more sweet boy with us. Soon, this sweet boy will know what it is to be part of a family, to be loved, to have siblings who adore him and, I am sure, occasionally irritate him. He will learn that sometimes family won't always agree, but we will never leave. He will have extended family, friends, and church friends who love him just the way he is, who want to see him succeed and encourage him to love and be loved.

We also had more friends donate change jars and check/cash donations to our adoption fund. We deposited another $326.81 today!! Again, we are so humbled and so thankful. One of my favorite quotes I read this week is this
"The world may not change if you adopt a child, but for that child, their world will change"
We are so very thankful for all of our generous friends and family that want to see this sweet boy's world change.

Much Love,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment